Firefighter Safer Radio Strap Matte Black - LM Blackout Series. 1.25 Width
Key Features of the LM Blackout Safer Radio Strap™:
This is the series for you if you require the Reliable performance of the SaferStrap™ in a standard 1.25-inch width but are looking for the classic strap appearance but demand a waterproof solution.
(Radio Bucket sold Separately)
- 100% waterproof and cleanable with antibacterial/antimicrobial soap
- No specialized equipment or retreatment of material required
- A simple cleaning method allows for minimal downtime: wash, rinse, wipe dry, and return to service.
- Assembled with stainless hardware and rivets
- 1.25 Width matte black primary strap with black lapel keepers, and sway strap.
- Constructed of TPU Matte black latex-free coated polyester flat webbing.
- Safer Radio Straps materials are locally sourced, made with BioThane®, and assembled by first responders in the USA.
- Designed to meet shifting standards within the fire service such as the Clean Cab Concept and On-Scene Decon practices that decrease known exposure hazards.
For regular light cleaning use of an anti-bacterial/antimicrobial soap like Dawn is recommended.
After use in and IDLH Environment, we recommend using CITROSQUEEZE® PPE & Turnout Gear Cleaner to decontaminate the strap.
For biological exposure or heavy soiling, we recommend the following to disinfect our straps (choose ONE of the following):
- 10% bleach solution (Take the bleach out of the bottle, at 6.5% active ingredient, and dilute 1 part to 9 parts water.)
- Wipe down surface with 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (Preferred method for heavy odor removal)
- Envirocide (Follow directions on the bottle.)*
- Cavicide (Follow directions on the bottle.)*
*We do not specifically endorse the effectiveness of these products only that they will not harm Saferstraps in proper use. For additional information on Envirocide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/envirocide, or for additional information on Cavicide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/cavicide.
Limitations of Use
Firefighting is a hazardous occupation. Structural firefighting equipment and accessories have limitations. Saferstraps products do not protect the user from radiological or direct flame hazards. Saferstraps products are not a rescue harness and should not be used in this fashion. Avoid direct contact with flame or molten metals.
Temperature, the amount of contact time, cuts, tears, or physical wear that damage the Strap and accessories or exposure to certain chemicals can all influence the strap's ability to be resistant to hazards.