Safer Radio Strap™ - LM South Metro Wide Series 1.5 Width
Key Features of the LM South Metro Wide Safer Radio Strap:
This is the series for you if you are looking for the Reliable performance of the SaferStrap™ in a Wider version for added comfort in a 1.5 inch width and still require the added visibility and high reflective sway and keepers for added safety.
(Radio Bucket sold Separately)
- 100% waterproof and cleanable with antibacterial/antimicrobial soap
- No specialized equipment or retreatment of material required
- A simple cleaning method allows for minimal downtime: wash, rinse, wipe dry, and return to service.
- Assembled with stainless hardware and rivets
- Matte Black classic Primary strap, 3M® High Vis lapel keepers, and 3M® High Vis sway strap for increased safety and visibility day and night from both the front and rear
- Constructed of TPU latex-free coated polyester flat webbing.
- Safer Radio Straps materials are locally sourced, made with BioThane®, and assembled by first responders in the USA.
- Designed to meet shifting standards within the fire service such as the Clean Cab Concept and On Scene Decon practices that decrease known exposure hazards.
- If you are looking for additional customizable options please take a look at the LMR Series. https://saferstraps.com/products/safer-radio-strap-lm-series.
For regular light cleaning use of a anti bacterial/antimicrobial soap like Dawn is recommended.
After use in and IDLH Environment we recommend using CITROSQUEEZE® PPE & Turnout Gear Cleaner to decontaminate the strap.
For biological exposure or heavy soiling, we recommend the following to disinfect our straps (choose ONE of the following):
- 10% bleach solution (Take the bleach out of the bottle, at 6.5% active ingredient, and dilute 1 part to 9 parts water.)
- Wipe down surface with 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (Preferred method for heavy odor removal)
- Envirocide (Follow directions on bottle.)*
- Cavicide (Follow directions on bottle.)*
*We do not specifically endorse the effectiveness of these products only that they will not harm Saferstraps in proper use. For additional information on Envirocide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/envirocide or for additional information on Cavicide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/cavicide.
Limitations of Use
Firefighting is a hazardous occupation. Structural firefighting equipment and accessories have limitations. Saferstraps products do not protect the user from radiological or direct flame hazards. Saferstraps products are not a rescue harness and should not be used in this fashion. Avoid direct contact with flame or molten metals.
Temperature, the amount of contact time, cuts, tears, or physical wear that damage the Strap and accessories or exposure to certain chemicals can all influence the straps ability to be resistant to hazards.