Key Features of the K9 Line 3/8 Pro Black Ops Safety Series Working Lead
Meet your new frontline Lead. The Safer Strap Performance Lead is constructed with 3/8 Biothane Coated Webbing, and a high quality marine grade Stainless swiveling bolt snap and crimped with high performace aluminum swaging.
This is not an imported Cheap pvc coated Lead. This is a rugged feild cleanable Saferstrap solution for your demanding job.
These Leads are incredibly strong, light weight and easy to maintain and fully sealed at all points. They can get wet, muddy, and dirty with no issues. Just wipe clean and your back in service!
- 100% waterproof, Sealed 360 Degrees, and cleanable with antibacterial/antimicrobial soap
- No specialized equipment or retreatment of material required
- A simple cleaning method allows for minimal downtime: wash, rinse, wipe dry, and return to service.
- Marine Grade stainless swivel and Aluminum Swaging
- Constructed of TPU latex-free coated kevlar cordage
- Safer Radio Straps materials are locally sourced, made with BioThane®, and assembled by first responders in the USA.
- Designed to meet shifting standards within the fire service such as the Clean Cab Concept and On Scene Decon practices that decrease known exposure hazards to the first responder and their K9 Partners.
For regular light cleaning use of a anti bacterial/antimicrobial soap like Dawn is recommended.
After use in and IDLH Environment we recommend using CITROSQUEEZE® PPE & Turnout Gear Cleaner to decontaminate the strap.
For biological exposure or heavy soiling, we recommend the following to disinfect our straps (choose ONE of the following):
- 10% bleach solution (Take the bleach out of the bottle, at 6.5% active ingredient, and dilute 1 part to 9 parts water.)
- Wipe down surface with 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (Preferred method for heavy odor removal)
- Envirocide (Follow directions on bottle.)*
- Cavicide (Follow directions on bottle.)*
*We do not specifically endorse the effectiveness of these products only that they will not harm Saferstraps in proper use. For additional information on Envirocide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/envirocide or for additional information on Cavicide, please visit http://www.metrex.com/products/surface-disinfectants/cavicide.
Limitations of Use
Firefighting is a hazardous occupation. Structural firefighting equipment and accessories have limitations. Saferstraps products do not protect the user from radiological or direct flame hazards. Saferstraps products are not a rescue harness and should not be used in this fashion. Avoid direct contact with flame or molten metals.
Temperature, the amount of contact time, cuts, tears, or physical wear that damage the Strap and accessories or exposure to certain chemicals can all influence the straps ability to be resistant to hazards.